1. Data protection guidelines
We apply European Union's GDPR data protection regulations. The regulation concerns all the companies inside the EU and all the companies outside of the EU that offer their services to consumers and companies in the areas of European Union.
Protecting our customer's privacy is extremely important for us at Blink Helsinki ("Blink") and we are committed to obey the regulations and laws applied to handling personal data.
2. Registry controller contact information
Blink Helsinki (Finnish business ID: 0590949-1)
CEO Antti Tolonen
+358 50 3480 347
3. Handled personal details and data sources
We handle two kinds of personal information from our customers, (i) user information and (ii) technical information.
Generally we don't use technical information to identify customers. You might be recognised from the data, or the data connected to certain user information. In situations like this the technical information can also be assumed as user information according to laws and regulations applied to the data. We handle the data combined like this as user information.
(i) User information
We gather and handle the following user information from you:
- The name of the customer's employer company, contact person's first and last name, work place address, work email, phone number and title;
- Consents and bans on direct marketing;
- Other information given by the person or information added to the CRM (for example shown interest towards a certain type of service);
- Categorising information given by the customer (for example interests);
- User information gathered by forms on our website;
- Customer feedback information;
- Information on orders, billing and shipping
From our staff and job applicants we mainly handle information given to us from themselves and other information formed during the employment:
- Basic user information from an employee or a job applicant;
- Job applicants CV, application and reference information given us with the job applicants consent;
- Needed information for salary payments;
- Information needed to fill out the duties and rights of an employment;
- Certain sensitive information regarding the employee (trade union membership and information regarding the employees health state), only to fill the needed employer regulations
Wee might gather and handle other user information with your consent.
(ii) Technical information
The service might automatically collect the following technical information:
- The used log technology in the service might automatically collect the website address you arrived from. We also collect the IP-address of your device you use to access the service, information regarding your device's user interface and the name of your internet browser.
- We might implement cookies on the hard drive of the device you used to access the service. The cookies are text files that are saved on your hard drive by your browser, enabling the recognition of your browser's preferences, and to offer you the most relevant content. most of the browsers available enable you to control your cookies for example by switching them off completely, by accepting all of them separately or by removing the saved cookies from your hard drive. We want to remind you that if you do turn off the cookies completely you may not be able to use all of the features of the service.
- Google Analytics is part of the technical service. Google Analytics gathers and saves information such as the time of the website visit, the pages visited, time spent on each page, your IP-address and the type of the user interface used in your device. To learn more about Google Analytics visit the Google Analytics website. You can deny Google Analytics to gather this information by downloading the following browser extension: Google Analytics opt-out add-on.
- HubSpot is part of the technical service. With cookies HubSpot collects and saves information such as page visit time, page visits, time spent on each page, IP-address and possible form submissions. In addition to that information of the email communication between Blink and the user might be collected.
- Fullstory is part of the technical service. With cookies Fullstory collects and saves anonymous information such as page visit time, page visits, time spent on each page, the movements of your cursor and clicks.
4. The meaning and basics of handling user information
We always take care that we have the required reason by law to handle your personal information. We might however handle the information on different grounds, but we make sure that there are at least one required reason by law.
Blink handles your personal information for numerous meanings:
To offer and develop services
We handle your personal information to offer our customers services and to run, maintain and develop our business. The user information can be used to fill out our contract agreements to our customers. We also handle the information given by you to develop our services by analysing the service features and actions and by analysing the areas of the services you visited.
To customer communications and marketing
We might handle your user information to contact our customers on issues related to our services and to inform our customers about the changes regarding our services, to handle and gather customer feedback and to market our services. We might send you information regarding our services along with direct marketing. When you are registered you always have the opportunity to deny us of using your user information on direct marketing, marketing research and profiling by being in touch with us in the address mentioned above or by using the cancellation opportunity you can find in the direct marketing content.
To recognise visitor analytics and trends
We might handle the information regarding the use of the services to enhance the quality of our services for example by analysing different trends and development regarding the use of different services. For this we use as best as possible anonymous information so the person cannot be recognised.
The reason of handling information
We handle your user information on the grounds of sustain and develop our business, and to create and sustain our customer relationships. By handling this information we weigh our rights in relation to your rights of privacy. We also handle user information to fulfil the needed regulations and laws, such as the documentation regulations. In some cases we might ask your permission to handle user information. In these cases the given consent can be cancelled any time.
5. The receivers of the gathered information
We do not sell, rent or in any other way reveal your personal information to third parties, if not separately stated. We only share information inside of Blink, if it's needed to perform or develop our services. We do not give away user information outside of Blink to third parties, unless one of the following situation occurs:
We might give your information to a third party user if the access to the information is needed (i) to comply with a law, regulation or a decision made by the court; (ii) to find out a breach in information security or a technical issue; or (iii) to protect the property and safety of Blink and the users, or to ensure the general benefit according to law and regulations. We will always inform you about these situations with third parties if possible.
Authorised service provider
Other justified reasons
With your distinct agreement
We might give your information to outside organisations for other reasons than mentioned above when we have your distinct agreement. You have a right to cancel this agreement when ever you want. In addition to this we might give your information to third parties in a way that doesn't contain actual personal information and the users are un-recognised.
6. Data transfers to states outside of the European Economic and Social Committee
We will keep your information primarily in the are of European Economic and Social Committee. However our service providers might operate in different geographical locations. Together with our service providers we might transfer your personal information to countries outside of European Economic and Social Committee. We'll perform the necessary security operations to make sure your information has the needed level of security in the areas outside of the European Economic and Social Committee by tying a contract with our service provider based on the standard contractual agreements accepted by the European Commission or other similar contracts.
For more information regarding the transfer of user information contact us.
7. Protecting and storing the user information
We store the data if it is necessary for the purpose of processing the data or for legal reasons. Personal data in the customer, supplier, and marketing register is erased after the claim period related to a specific customer, supplier, or service relationship has elapsed.
We regularly review the need for data storage considering the applicable legislation. In addition, we take all reasonable actions to ensure that no incompatible, outdated, or inaccurate personal data are stored in the register considering the purpose of the processing. We correct or erase such data without delay.
8. Your rights
You have a choice about how your personal data is handled, and we are committed to providing you with reasonable access to your personal data and the ability to review and limit the use of such information in accordance with applicable law.
If you do not wish to receive marketing emails from Blink, you can click on the "unsubscribe" link available in each such email message. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our products and/or services.
- Request confirmation that we are processing your personal data;
- Request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- Request that we update the personal data we hold about you or correct such information that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Restrict the way which we use your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or limit our use of your personal data (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held);
- Object to our processing of your personal data;
- Withdraw the consent that you have given us to process your personal data (where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent);
- Request that we delete the personal data we hold about you
We will not discriminate against you if you decide to exercise your rights under applicable law.
Because we want to avoid taking action regarding your personal data at the direction of someone other than you, only you or an "Authorized Agent" permitted to act on your behalf may submit a request. An "Authorized Agent" means a natural person or a business entity you have authorized to act on your behalf by providing your written permission. Please note, we may deny a request from an Authorized Agent if they do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
9. Filing a complaint
If you are unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised to us, you have a right to complain to the appropriate National Data Protection Authority ("DPA"). To find the contact details of the DPA in your country of residence, please visit the EU Commission’s directory of DPAs.
10. More information